Thursday, March 5, 2009

What A Cold Day In Hell Must Look Like


I took this picture with my cell phone the other day when I was sitting in the drive-thru at Mickey D's (notice the huge crack in my windshield that goes all the way across the picture). What were you doing at McD's you ask? Shut up, I reply. This McD's thermometer always seems to go out of whack when the temp drops below a certain degree. It just cracked me up seeing 266 degrees F juxtaposed with 6" of snow on the ground. Just kinda gave me a little giggle.
I had my car in the shop this week; $600 bucks!! Thank goodness for a generous mother that got a decent tax return; if she hadn't been willing to loan it to me, I would be in big trouble!! The timing belt tensioner died - a very rare occurrence. The mechanic said that it is very rare that the part just fails like that; it's usually due to an accident with severe front end damage. He thinks that this part was defective on the day it was manufactured. Sigh. Leave it to me to get it! It was making this horrible loud clacking noise ever since about Christmas time; it was so loud that you could hear me coming about a half mile away, drew stares from people on the street, and made other people roll down their windows and listen to their own vehicles. I would be waving at them and mouthing - no, it's me! Now the Rodeo is so quiet that I am not sure sometimes if it is still actually running! It's like driving a stealth Rodeo! I am so happy. Thanks again, Mom!!
TTFN.

1 comment:

  1. When I lived in Forsyth, the bank sign there would only go to 105. After that it would read 505. The first time I saw it I thought, I really am in hell!

    ReplyDelete

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!