Monday, March 23, 2009

You Can't Tell, But I'm Moving In The Right Direction!

I am - truely!! I managed to loose four pounds this week; just don't ask me how. Cause I don't have a clue. I ate out, didn't exercise; maybe it's because I slept most of the day Saturday and only ate once at about 8:30pm? But it was pizza so...I give up. I don't know why I lost them but I am glad to be rid of them. So there. PFFT. I have somehow managed to reset my weight loss ticker by accident, but that is OK because I feel like I am starting over now anyway. I read a FANTASTIC book this weekend (when I wasn't sleeping on Saturday) - more about it below - and it gave me some renewed faith in my ability to lose this weight. My goal is still the same - to weigh 265 by August 1st - but I will have to work a lot harder to attain it now because I have been messing around and not paying attention to how much time has gone by. It is still a reasonable goal of about three pounds per week, and if I get this gigantic butt of mine moving, that will help out even more.

So, the book. It is "Such A Pretty Fat" by Jen Lancaster. I nearly died about 50 times from laughter while reading this book!! However, there is bad language in it, so you may need to self-edit it. Otherwise, it is fantastic. She has written three books total, but at the time of writing this one, she had only published her first book, "Bitter Is The New Black". She determines that she needs to loose weight, so her agent suggests she write a book about her journey. I loved it because I felt like (aside from the bad language) this book could have been written by me. She has the same views on a lot of things and she has the same sence of humor that I do. I also loved her because she moaned about the same things I would have (a personal trainer named Barbie?), her fears were the same as mine, etc. I like the book because it is about a REAL PERSON and her fears are real just like mine. I just got off the phone with my sister, telling her about it and I am going to send it to her so she can enjoy it. I think that I will also run out (drive, sorry, not run...not yet) and buy her other two books as well.

Well, that's all that's new for now. TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!