Sunday, April 5, 2009

Procrastination is my middle name...

I am feeling better now; Thursday was the worst day, and I have a very unsympathetic boss so it just made things worse. I am now on the mend; god bless NyQuil liquid gels!

I took myself out to lunch today since Montana Jacks sent me a coupon for my birthday this month. While treating myself, I had a slice of their new Very Cherry Cheesecake. Uh, yes, would you please come to my home and fill my bathtub with this please? STAT? OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Yes yes me likey very very much the Very Cherry Cheesecake from Montana Jacks. Highly recommend ordering and promptly planting face in. STAT. I am not usually a fan of the baked cheesecake as I find they are kinda on the dry side (yes, this from the woman who buys the Jell-O brand cheesecake mix, mixes the batter together and eats it straight out of the mixing bowl without letting it set with all the graham cracker crust ingredients sprinkled on top). HOWEVER, this heavenly concoction was not dry at all, was full of lovely big juicy cherries, and the thick graham cracker crust? WAS ON TOP OF THE CHEESECAKE! Did I mention that I highly recommend consuming mass quantities? Ok, just wanted to be sure. It is the closest thing to sex I have ever had. Ever.

After leaving the restaurant I was on a bit of a high. The sun was shining brilliantly and I just wanted to go for a lovely walk. So I drove all the way across the city to the new Kohl's and walked around in there (shut up - it counts as exercise)(it DOES TOO!!!). I am forever seeking the best duvet cover for my bedroom (duh - No, we thought it was for the kitchen!) and found one on Overstock.com that I really, really like, but I am just having a really hard time committing. I found several items that I liked at Kohl's, but the problem is that I have a full-sized bed. If it was something that was just, eh, ok - then they had it in a full size and it was on sale. Next. If it was something that was fabulous and designed by Vera Wang - they had it in a full but it was over $200. Next. If it was fabulous and on sale? Then they had one California King set and one twin. CURSES!! So, after wandering around the housewares and jewelry sections without finding anything that turned me on as much as that cheesecake, I left. Then I decided that what would really cheer me up would be a nifty crystal decanter for storing mouthwash in my bathroom. I would run (drive) over to Tuesday Morning to see what they had; they rarely disappoint in their choices of crystal nifty-thingies. Would Tuesday Morning be open on a Sunday Afternoon? SCORE! I parked next to a sparkly shiny clean SUV as the owner came strolling out in her Easter best. My SUV looks like I currently live in it, and am as bad a housekeeper while living in my vehicle as I am in my real home. She had the nerve to very un-casually "glance" into my vehicle as she was approaching hers and turn up her nose in judgement. I felt like hocking a lugey at her as I got out of my Rodeo, but I classily resisted. Humpf. I was determined that this old biddy was not going to harsh my cheesecake buzz (have I mentioned the cheesecake? I have? Just checking). I made my entrance into the store prepared to be dazzled by their usual array of crystal lovlies. I was sorely disappointed. It appears that they have not only rearranged the store so that I had to waste precious steps to find said crystal collection, but they have drastically down-sized their inventory as well. CRAP!! I finally managed to find where they were hiding the three crystal decanters they had, but they were all $25 and just didn't do it for me. Sigh... I then realized why I rarely shop there anymore; most of the stuff they have you would have to pay me to take out of the store and then I still wouldn't want to schlep it to my car. Oh well. Just as well I suppose.

And the real reason I was doing all of this was because I was wearing my last pair of clean underwear, next to last pair of clean socks, and my horribly unflattering pair of workout sweats because I have absolutely no clean clothes. At all. Seriously. But I did manage to get two loads of laundry done today. Yay me.

TTFN.

1 comment:

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!