Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh Goody - A Shiny New Year!

Oh joy - a brand spanking new year. I was still writing 2008 on my checks; how am I going to get used to writing 2010??? And what will we call this new year? Two thousand ten? Twenty ten? Oh ten? Just plain ten? I am leaning towards twenty ten, myself.

So Ollie came over on the first and we spent the day watching movies, laughing and just talking. We watched Orphan, The Watcher, and 100 Feet. Orphan was good and creepy; The Watcher was an older film from the 90's with Keanu Reeves and James Spader where Keanu plays a serial killer; and 100 Feet was down right hide-your-eyes-and-pee-your-pants SCARY!! We had a great time.

I made my favorite Tamale Pie casserole which I haven't made in about 10 years; it has beef, chili, corn, sliced black olives, and beef tamales all combined in it and then topped with tons of cheese and then baked in the oven and served with super cold Dos Equis and Fritos. MMMMM!! I also tried a new recipe that Sissy sent me, and it is OH SO GOOD!! It is a cream cheese blueberry coffee cake and it looked like this:
I followed Sissy's suggestion and made it with cake flour instead of regular flour, and I decided to throw some walnut halves on top that I had in the cupboard that were left over from some other recipe I had made a while ago and didn't want them to go bad. Oh. My. Goodness. This cake is super yummy and moist and full of blueberries. The cake itself is not very sweet, but the topping of sugar and cinnamon makes a sweet crust on top that complements the berries very nicely. Drop me a comment if you would like the recipe.

Well, you all try to be good this year. And as my Uncle Harry used to tell me, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do; and if you do, don't name it after me."

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!