Thursday, October 3, 2013

Will you dress up for Halloween? What will you be?

Woo hoo! I figured out how to get line breaks in so that I have paragraphs again! YAY! Now I'll go back and edit the other posts so they don't look like such a hot mess.

Anyhoo, the short answer to the first question is: No. The longer answer, if you are interested, is: No. I have never celebrated Halloween, and I am too old and fat to start now. Well, maybe not too old, but definitely too fat. Unless I wanted to dress up as a can of lard. Or a carton of ice cream. If, however, I decided to stuff the guilt of celebrating a holiday and if I was thinner, I think I would dress up as Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory. She is a hoot and a half!

Speaking of dressing up and the BBT, have you noticed how each character, with the exception of Penny and Berndette, has a very specific layered dress pattern? Sheldon is usually dressed in layers of a long-sleeved t-shirt with some sort of short-sleeved t-shirt over it that has a superhero theme or math/science theme to it. Leonard wears an undershirt, then a t-shirt, then a hoodie/canvas coat combo (the exception was when he was dating Priya, and he had the dreaded pants made from a wool/fire ant blend). Raj wears an undershirt, then a long-sleeved button down the front shirt, then a sweater vest, then a Members Only jacket. Howard wears a dickie with a different pin each time, with usually a long-sleeved shirt (either T or button down), with the same pants every time just in corresponding colors to his shirt(s) along with the same shoes every time that usually match his pants. He also only owns one belt, but hundreds of superhero themed belt buckles. Amy wears a skirt, stockings, a t-shirt, a button down shirt, and a cardigan.

Yeah, I watch waaaaay too much BBT. I am SO glad there isn’t a 12-step program for that!

***************************

As for cross stitching, nothing new to show (as if Blogger would let me post a picture!). Sissy came home on Monday, so anytime she is home, I try to just spend time with her. Even if we are just watching a movie, that's OK. I can't stitch out in the living room because the lighting is so bad, and there are usually 3-4 little doggies that want to crash on my bouncy-house body. I'd really like to open an Etsy shop and do personalized baby samplers. What do you think?

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!