Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for Ice Cream and Identity



What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Right now, for me, just about anything with caramel in it – salted caramel is a big fat plus – works. I’m totally in love with Ben & Jerry’s Scotchy Scotch Scotch – butterscotch ice cream with a swirl of lovely, crunchy, butterscotch mixed through. I also love their Crème Brulee. And New York Super Fudge Chunk. Safeway has their own line of ice cream, and I totally dig their Salted Caramel Butter Pecan. Mmmmmmmmm. I also love that Ben & Jerry’s ice cream comes in those little 16oz containers. If I eat a whole one, I feel kinda bad, but not as bad as if I’d eaten a half gallon of Breyer’s, you know? And if I only eat a quarter of that fabulous B&J, then I feel superior to everyone on the planet for having that type of will power. Which only lasts until I go back and eat the rest of it.

There are a lot of seriously crazy flavors out there in the world – horsemeat anyone? (yep, not making that up). Here are a few I found on the Interwebs:
• Honey Jalapeno Pickle – Sweet Action Ice Cream in Denver (No, thank you)
• Goat Cheese Cashew Caramel – Black Dog Gelato in Chicago (I would try this one)
• Wildberry Lavender – Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream in Columbus, OH (Hmmm…sounds kinda good to me)
• Creamed Cod – Georges’ Portobello Fish Bar in London (YUCK!)
• Crammed Jammin’ Cream Doughnut – Tip Top Ice Cream in New Zealand (Chunks of sugar donuts and sweet raspberry sauce mixed into vanilla and cinnamon ice cream? GET INTO MY MOUTH!)
• Basil Avocado – SoBou in New Orleans
• Whiskey Prune – Simmo’s Ice Creamery in Australia

Tell me your favorite and where you get it in the comments!


OK, today’s movie is: Identity. This is probably my most favorite movie ever on the planet. I have watched it numerous times, and my brother-in-law is so freaked out by it that he gets mad when I watch it. (Bonus!)

This awesome psychological and somewhat slasher/gory film stars the most awesome John Cusack, also awesome Ray Liotta, Alfred Molina, Amanda Peet, John C. McGinley, Jake Busey, Rebecca DeMornay, and a few others that are all very good in this movie. Ten strangers find themselves stranded at a run-down desert motel that would have given the Bates’ the heeby jeebies. One by one, they start to get picked off and the survivors are trying to figure out what the heck is going on before they are next. Meanwhile, a small group meets with the governor of an unnamed state to discuss staying the execution of a mass murderer. There is a twist thrown at you at about the halfway mark of the film that literally yanked me out of my seat. And be sure to watch all the way to the end for a second twist right before the credits roll. Did I mention this is my absolute favorite film on the planet? Just checking.


Yay! I did it! Caught up now, and join me again tomorrow please for the letter J.

TTFN!

12 comments:

  1. No psychological thrillers for me, thank you. But a tub of Pecan Pralines would be just fine. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite ice cream is from Cold Stone: vanilla cheesecake with pecans and tiny vanilla chips.

    Over from the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hockings ice cream made in the Devon village of Appledore. It's very creamy and to make it even better if you buy a cone from one of their vans you can have a lump of clotted cream on top of the ice cream. This is NOT diet food, but it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanilla with caramel sauce... all the pets on your side bar are so cute... visiting via A to Z challenge... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how did I miss this movie! It sounds like the kind I'd like. And John Cusack is one of my favorite actors. Following you from the A to Z Challenge. Your blog name is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this post about all your favorite ice creams broight to mind your "wake up call" post on your other blog.

    I check that blog often, hoping to see an update and also hoping that you are making some halthy changes. Believe me, I know it's not easy. I have to fight with myself on a daily basis to eat healthy.

    But it is worth it to (hopefully) not die young, or be disabled from diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checking in to see what's happening. Are you stopping here for the Challenge or do you plan to continue?

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like vanilla for mixing with soda, etc., but I love caramel and butterscotch. Pralines & Cream from BR is a favorite--oh, and anything with cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like vanilla for mixing with soda, etc., but I love caramel and butterscotch. Pralines & Cream from BR is a favorite--oh, and anything with cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I hope you decide to continue because I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really did enjoy this post, my favourite Ice Cream is anything with mint.

    ReplyDelete

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!